Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Oven Dried Tomatoes Bake Time : 2 hours
Total Time: 3 hours, 10 minutes
- Roast Portobello and Kale Penne
- 2 cups kale- torn or chopped into 1-2” pieces
- 2 medium Portobello mushrooms, cut into 1” cubes
- 1 head of garlic, cloves separated and peeled
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium to large tomatoes, sliced and oven dried
- 1 box penne pasta (14oz)
While vegetables are roasting in oven, cook pasta according to the package instructions.
Once vegetables are roasted, remove from oven and cool for 5 minutes. In a large bowl toss together pasta and roasted vegetables and oven dried tomatoes . Serve with a drizzle of high quality olive oil or toss with a fresh pesto.
*Oven dried tomato directions. Cut tomatoes in half. Gently squeeze tomato halves over sink, removing seeds and juice. Slice halves in ½ inch slices. Spray baking pan with nonstick oil spray or line with parchment paper. Spread tomato slices across pan in a single layer. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and a pinch of thyme. Bake at 225° for 2-3 hours until dry but not crisp.